It is that wonderful, festive time of year. Though it looks a lot different this year, one thing isn’t canceled - christmas cookies!! I’m sharing our family’s favorite cookie recipe, today on the blog. I have special memories making these with my mom growing up. Their delicate sweetness is my favorite. Enjoy!
Fancy Raspberry-Filled Orange Cookies
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 (3 oz package) cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- ½ cup white vanilla chips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine sugar, butter and cream cheese; beat well. Add orange peel and egg; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Wit thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Fill each indentation with ½ teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch. Cool 2 minutes; removed from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine vanilla chips and oil; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Make 6 dozen cookies.
- High Altitude (above 3500 feet): Increase flour to 2 ½ cups. Bake as directed.
Allow glaze to set, then store cookies between layers of wax paper in an airtight container.